Bullets vs Dome CCTV Cameras?
There are two or three main types off multi use CCTV camera on the market today. They are the bullet/barrel type of camera, vandal dome camera and eyeball/turret camera, here we list some of the pros and cons of each and ideal mounting location.
Great for mounting outdoors on walls, where exposed to the elements due to the sun shield
Come in larger sizes with increased IR ranges (which are a more obvious deterrent and Ideal for commercial use and larger properties.)
Easy to adjust.
Can be easily compromised at night due to spiders depending upon the location.
Easier to damage if within reach.
Vandal Dome cameras
- Ideal for mounting low down within reach of potential vandals such as under garage eaves/porches and doorways - they use lockable screws so cannot be pushed aside and teh covers are replaceable
- A great subtle choice for both outdoor and indoor use as are great for horizontal mounting (although not limited to).
- The glass bubble if wet/dirty can cause IR to bounce back at night clouding the image so they should be sheltered ideally for external use or at least on a bracket so they are still facing down
Turret dome/eyeball cameras
- A great all around choice and perfect for mounting under eaves higher up or just out of reach
- Easy to adjust
- No problem with spiders or IR bounce back
- Not vandal proof
- Not quite as good as bullets if exposed to the elements
No posts found